- The Royal Tapestry Factory is a leading historic manufacturer in the production and restoration of historic textiles.
- Running continuously since the 18th century, the Royal Factory is a material link between the craft tradition and contemporary design.
- In terms of manufacturing, the factory produces rugs, tapestries and coats of arms using entirely manual processes, conserving the Spanish textile tradition and fostering the transition to high quality and 100% sustainable production.
- From its very beginnings, the Royal Factory fulfils a fundamental function in the conservation of Spanish and international textile heritage, participating actively in techniques and procedures for the restoration of historic textiles.
- With the aim of fostering knowledge and appreciation for the art of tapestry-making, the Royal Factory offers the opportunity to visit the facilities to view the work of the master loom setters.
- To promote the 300-year history of the Royal Tapestry Factory through our Historic Archive and temporary exhibitions.
- To make this factory an internationally renowned centre of textile knowledge and information.
- To facilitate the transmission and teaching of crafts relating to craft manufacturing of tapestries and rugs.
- To guarantee the conservation of a thousand-year-old craft, such as that of the master loom setters.
- To be a leader and an example in R&D for textile methodologies, promoting research in new techniques and methods of analysis and diagnostics for the restoration and study of textiles.
- We aim to be the leading textile restoration centre in the world, thanks to our first class staff who are constantly training.
All of the pieces we produce at the Royal Tapestry Factory are woven by hand by our master weavers who keep this thousand-year-old knowledge of traditional textile techniques alive. Not only do they have extensive knowledge of the textile technique itself, but also of illustration, dyes and the history of textiles.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
Only the best master loom setters can produce pieces of a quality as excellent as those we produce at the Royal Tapestry Factory. We are the only textile restoration company to hold ISO 9001 certification, which guarantees the quality of the textile restoration, shipping and installation of tapestries, coats of arms and rugs.
Artisan textile production ensures there are no two pieces the exact same. The exclusivity of our rugs, tapestries and coats of arms lies in the ability to adapt, personalising every piece to the taste and needs of each client.
We focus on the sustainable and circular economy, which is evident in our compliance with national and international environmental standards, which include measures like the recycling of water used in dyeing and a cold lighting system that has allowed for energy savings of 50%.
Traditional crafts coexist alongside more advanced technologies in textile restoration processes. This is perhaps best exemplified in the case of the use of Anoxia equipment, a modern spectrophotometer for analysing colours, a drone with a high resolution camera and a digital microscope to analyse the damage suffered by fabrics to be restored, among other technological advances.
We work with a team of professionals that are known for their vocation, loyalty and commitment to a job well done, guided by the needs of the client and their desire to always seek improvement through training programmes.